Thyroid Assessment and Metabolism Boosting in Victoria, TX
Do you know your metabolism?
You can’t tell just by considering your age, height, and weight. Our metabolism declines dramatically within the first few decades of life.
- Metabolism measurements (by Microlife’s MedGem)
- Comprehensive thyroid panel
- Other tests, as needed, to evaluate for causes of low metabolism
- Visits with physician to review symptoms and test results and receive recommendations
Thyroid Assessment and Supplements
If you suspect you’re suffering from a sluggish thyroid, which is negatively affecting your body’s metabolism, come to the Fountain of Youth Medical Spa to experience our thyroid hormone supplement therapy.
Before you begin the therapy, Dr. Nhi Le will meet with you to determine if you’re a viable candidate for thyroid hormone supplement by giving you a thyroid assessment. Key signs that you’d be a viable candidate include:
- Feeling tired all the time
- Dealing with feelings of depression
- Suffering from constant dry skin and weak nails
- Feeling cold all the time
- Mental fogginess and difficulty concentrating
- Irregular periods
- Heavy periods
Discuss these symptoms with Dr. Nhi Le, as they’re signs of an under-active thyroid. Once Dr. Nhi Le has determined that you’re a candidate, you’ll be given thyroid hormone supplements to speed up your thyroid functions.
Dr. Le will also explain to each patient Synthroid (a synthetic levothyoxine sodium/T4 thyroid hormone replacement drug) with Armour Thyroid (a naturally derived T4/T3 drug). T3 & T4 are two different hormone replacement treatments that are sometimes combined together. An expert in her field, Dr. Le will make sure you understand how each works and which is safest for you.
After several weeks of treatment, you should feel more energetic and even begin to lose weight. You’ll need to schedule follow-up appointments with Dr. Nhi Le to ensure that the thyroid hormone therapy is working well with your body.
To learn more contact Texas Medical & Wellness Clinic today at 360-576-9100 for a consultation.