Do you feel tired a lot of the time? Do you feel anxious or stressed? Our program begins with a comprehensive assessment of 4-point cortisol, neurotransmitters, and other hormones affecting your energy level and perception of stress.
The package includes the following:
- Neuroadrenal Basic (by Neuroscience, Inc.), which includes Salivary Cortisol and Neurotransmitters
- Organix test (by Metametrix)
- Comprehensive Thyroid Panel
- CBC, CMP
- Vitamin D 25-OH
- Hgb A1c
- Bioavailable T with SHBG
- ANA IFA
- Vitamin B12
- RBC Folate
- EBV Panel
- CMV Panel
Benefits of testing
Since stress and inflammation are major underlying factors in many chronic diseases, checking levels of both cortisol and DHEA can be a window into how well the body is managing this critical factor of chronic illness.
Both cortisol and DHEA, produced by the adrenal glands, affect carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism, as well as thyroid hormone and sex hormone function:
- An anti-inflammatory hormone; production is controlled through negative feedback regulation and circadian rhythm (sleep-wake cycle). 25
- Maximum cortisol levels normally occur between 5 and 8 am after which levels basically decline with lowest levels occurring between 12 am and 4 am. 26
- Suppresses immunity 27, 28
- Reduces inflammation, supports metabolism, cardiovascular health, nervous system health, etc. 10
- Serves as the precursor in the formation of male and female sex hormones (testosterone, estrone, estradiol).
- Supports immunity 29
Easy to understand color-coded test report compares your results to reference ranges for cortisol (hormone increased during stress) and DHEA (hormone reduced during stress) along with research-based test results commentary.
To learn more contact Texas Medical & Wellness Clinic today at 361-551-2288 for a consultation.